Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Laughter and family

This weekend my wonderful husband and I decided to get out of Dodge for a while and visit my brother and his wife in Regina. It was a lot of fun, particularly because my other brother and his wife and kids was also in Regina. The three of us (my 2 brothers and I) are quite close. We moved into the city together when Andrew got back from Iowa and lived together until Andrew got married a year later. Ian and I continued to live together for a number of years after that. We had a fun time together. Now that we are all married, the cast of characters has changed a little, but I think that these additions have only made things better for all of us.

My family has always been a source of comfort and support for me. I only have brothers, and most people tell me that it is weird that we are all so close. My brothers have always been a strong influence on me, sometimes to my mother's chagrin. They are constantly making sure that I am okay, and their homes (as we got older) were a sanctuary where I could go to escape anything, even myself. My sister in laws are all wonderful, and have made my brothers who they are today. Thank goodness for the influence of women!

To get back to this weekend, we came , we saw, we laughed!

The Natural History Museum has been my favourite spot in Regina since I was probably three years old. I was so much fun to go there with my brothers, their spouses and children, and our very good friends (Russ, Beth, and Eli; whom we claim as family, whether they like it or not!). Eli was a little scared of Mega Munch, but I think that he did quite well.

Pictures to come later.

1 comment:

ec said...

love the NHM in regina. i still have yet to get alivia in to see mega munch...the sound outside the door is enough for her!!

glad you had a good time!