Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Fresh Start

So, I can't really believe that it has been this long since I bothered to make a post. Sorry. I swear that I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I just took a hiatus that went on a lot longer than I anticipated.
A great deal has happened since my last post. Mr. Sam is two now. He is a smart, precocious bundle of energy. He gets into everything, especially if it is dangerous, if he is left alone for any amount of time. He has beautiful red hair and bright blue eyes and gorgeous dimples that come out when he smiles or is about to do something bad. I love him so much. I was so worried that I would spoil him rotten, simply because he was our first baby that we got to take home, and we totally do! Oh well, c'est la vie!

We have another addition, an eight month old bundle of happiness named Charlie. He is such a treasure. After months of colic, long hours of walking and rocking and contemplating his imminent sale (it was touch and go there for awhile), he woke up happy one day, and has never stopped. We love this smiley talkative little dude. He has been pretty much bald from a month old, but he is starting to get white blond fuzz all over his head and the same bright blue eyes as Sam. I like to think that with both of the boys having the same eye colour, that Eric would have had that colour eyes too.

Mark is still in school. He now has both a biochemistry degree and an education degree. His heart's desire is to be a dentist though, so I guess we will have to deal with a few more years of the student life.

I continue to work full time and support the family the best I can working from home. I've been so fortunate in being able to have my kids and still work. I get a great deal of help from Mark and my mom, for which I am endlessly grateful.

We continue to live life as best we can, being the best people that we know how to be. Some days we are successful, other days we are not.

I'm going to try to do better updating this time.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

hey stranger! can't wait to see you guys next week and meet charlie.