Sunday, April 17, 2011

Under Pressure

Sam is almost 1 now, and there has been one little thing that I have been hanging on to. His hair! I love Sam's hair. It is a beautiful strawberry blond with just enough curl to be awesome. It was also really long. Like ridiculously long. But I loved it and couldn't bring myself to cut it. It was driving Mark crazy and he would bring it up all of the time to my clients, but they always took my side (who is going to disagree when there is a chick with scissors near their head).


And then, something horrible happened. My client agreed with Mark. His resulting happy dance was enough to prod me into action. So, with a heavy heart, I told Mark that I would cut Sam's hair.


Saturday began like any other day. Little did I know that one simple act would change everything. In between clients I strapped my poor, unsuspecting child into his high chair, sprayed down his hair and began what was an extremely traumatic experience, for ME.


It took only minutes, but I was changed forever. I was no longer the mother of a baby boy. I had somehow morphed into the parent of a grown child. His features looked completely different. Not so babyish. Possibly because you could finally see his face without all of the hair in the way.


Anyway, we somehow survived the first haircut. Sam was a champ; completely unfazed by the whole thing. I guess he has seen the whole process a few times by now! I didn't cry, much. Mark is extremely happy. A good time was had by some.
Before
During
After

6 comments:

The Weismiller Family said...

Sam is adorable!

missLaura said...

holy cow! He just grew up 4 years. he still is very cute but definitely doesn't look like a baby!!

stone's eye view said...

You did great, Jess. he is as handsome as ever.

Sharon said...

how did i miss this post? samuel looks so grown up now! i hated the first hair cut too! kilistoff's like it short. :(

Nancy said...

I went through the same experience with my son. What is it about that first haircut that makes them grow up? My neighbor put him on the swing and did it, he still looked cute but, sigh, I cried.

Unknown said...

Nice blog :)

Wczasy w pobierowie

pobierowo nocleg