Thursday, March 31, 2011

What Goes in, Must Come Out! Right?!

Back in November, I decided to try out a new hair colour line. I always try them on myself first, just to make sure that nothing bad happens. Boy, was I ever glad that I did. I used, what the company termed, a chocolate brown. It was a level 4 (1 is black, 10 is blond), so we are looking at a medium dark brown with some reddish, golden undertones. That is what should have happened. It didn't. Instead I got a really, really dark (almost black) colour with PURPLE undertones. It wasn't so bad, because it was underneath. It has been several months now, and I am really grossed out by the colour that this has faded to. It is a nasty purpley/brown mess. So I went to my friend Tracy and we decided that we would try to lift some of it out with highlights (I also have a piece in my bangs). Well, my hair is probably the easiest in the world to highlight. With very little work, it goes to a great light blond. After 1 1/2 hours sitting with the lightener on my hair, I had a lovely shade of dark pink. The bang piece was even worse. It went to a pinky/red. I couldn't believe it! So today I tried again to lift out just the bang piece. I used the strongest stuff that I have and left it on for almost 2 hours. I now have a lovely pastel pink bang. Not Impressed. I have never come across a colour like this! I need to give my hair a little break just so that I don't end up with no hair from over processing. No laughing! It's not funny. OK, it is, but not today. Maybe tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't use this color line on my hair on Tuesday! :-)

Chantel said...

Hehehe....I am laughing a lot at this. I am also very glad that you did not do that to my hair.

jessk said...

Don't worry. I have not used this colour on anyone other than myself, and won't after this debacle

stone's eye view said...

Pictures, please?? Pretty please?

The Weismiller Family said...

I noticed an extra little pink tinge to the bang today...I didn't say anything...

Vanessa said...

Ha! That is horrible. So glad you didn't try it on anyone before you. Hope your hair gets back to normal soon!

Md.Abdul Aziz Student of Arabic Language & Literature from Islamic University, Kushtia as 1st class 1st among the Arts faculty said...

depiction of this type of family picture is really wonderful!
Islamic Books and Articles