Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Holy Lunge Batman!

My friend Leanne and I have been working on our bods for the last while, working out a couple of times a week together and a few times a week on our own. Well, last night we did a lower body series, and it was eye opening. You start by doing a basic warm up, and then you proceed to do 36 front lunges, 36 back lunges, and then 36 bowler lunges. This hideous mix is followed by squats and many other horrendous exercises. I managed to get through the lower body, without too much trouble. Then we did the core exercises. This is the part that made me realize that all of my hard work was paying off. I could do it all. No problems at all. When I first started working with my trainer in November, there was so much that I couldn't do. I had no strength in my core (as the babe had destroyed it). So we started slow and built it up. What a great feeling it was to work hard, and feel my body respond to the demands. Now if I could get my sugar cravings under control, then I would really be impressed. ps- lots of lunges+ not enough post workout stretching=walking like an eighty year old

1 comment:

The Lawlor's said...

Good for you! You have worked really hard and I'm proud.

And what great results!