Monday, April 22, 2013

Sundays

Sunday can be a hard day. Making sure that lessons are done, kids are clean and dressed, and that we are ready seems to be simple in theory. In reality, this is the day that books will be misplaced, children will be uncooperative, and time will slip away. Tempers will fray, feelings will be hurt, and frustration will mount.
I love church. I love the music, the lessons, my primary class, and the way my heart feels when I am there. I think that we get especially tested on Sundays, because we know where we should be, and sometimes it is hard to get there.
Today was a day like that. A hard Sunday. The kids woke up too early, so they were over sensitive and contentious with each other. I had my lesson/ goodbye party/ birthday party to organize because so many of my class are moving away soon. And Mark was trying to help with all of it. Poor guy, stuck with crazy children and a crazy wife.
Once at church, things seemed to calm down. The spirit is an amazing gift. It put everything back in perspective.
Best moment of the day: when my son told me that his nursery teacher was his friend and that he was happy that he could see her today. We had a great deal of trouble getting Sam to go to nursery at first and be happy there. It brought tears to my eyes that he was excited to go and that he had a friend. Thanks Monet for being so wonderful to my child! Also, he also mentioned that his vacuum was his friend and that he wanted a baby sister like Lexi (Monet's daughter) just got. What a kid! I'm ok with the vacuum, and we'll have to wait a while on another sibling!

4 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

Welcome back!

A few facts for you:
1. you are NOT inadequate and we are all feeling jealous of you and what you accomplish so just come hang out with women and don't worry.
2. I miss you.
3. I need to blog too and then we can keep in touch better.

jessk said...

Aww, Kari, I love you and miss you so much!

jessk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I feel exactly the same, glad to know I am not alone... Thank you so much for sharing.