Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goodbye Mickey!

i know that this may sound mean, but I hate mice. I realize that in the creation, that all animals were placed on the earth for a reason. This does not mean that I need to love them all. This principle particularly applies when the aforementioned animal has taken up residence in one's home. Translation, we had a mouse in our house! I do say had, as he is no longer with us, nor is he anywhere else (unless you count the garbage can out back).

Our home is old and therefore prone to the little suckers and this one was cagey. He was so hard to catch because he was so little. He wouldn't set off traditional traps because he was too light. The glue traps were another story. We caught him within hours setting up the gue traps and then the big question was what to do to eliminate the poor thing. We consulted family and chose the most humane option and then we thought, yes we are mouse free. We were able to think this for approximately 1 hour until we saw his friend run across our hallway. Stupid mice! However, I am happy to report that all mice have been found and caught (there were only the two) and now we can rest in peace.

I am now in the process of steam cleaning our carpets and vacuuming everything to remove any traces of mouse inhabitation.

I am not sorry to say that we got rid of these mice. I am very glad that they are gone. I always was a fan of Donald Duck, never the mouse!

3 comments:

stone's eye view said...

We get mice in our garage in the summer. I can't imagine in the house!!

The Lawlor's said...

YAY!! I am so glad they are gone. They, ha, that's crazy that there was two.

By the way, I would way rather be hanging out with you then being at work!

missLaura said...

At least they are gone. There is nothing grosser than mice!