Monday, February 16, 2009

Hope

As most of you know, it has been quite the year for me. We have had so many ups and downs, I was beginning to get dizzy! Last Friday, I had finally had enough! I burst into tears in the middle of the kitchen, and sobbing uncontrollably, I tried to explain to my wonderful, understandably concerned husband, what was going on.

I think that I, to use a horrible cliche, had reached the end of my tether, and it all came pouring out. The doubts, the fears, the feelings of hurt and inadequacy. My poor mind. It literally hurt to let all of these private thoughts out of my head and share them with Mark. And finally, when I had run through them all, I simply stated that I needed some hope. I needed to know that things were going to get better. Then, in the form of a teary husband, I found what I had been blindly searching for. What a guy. After watching his wife slowly grow hysterical, he calmly told me he loved me, and he wouldn't have me any other way.

Thank the Lord for patient husbands who continue to love us, even when the crazy comes out.

On another note, after getting out the bad vibes, we had a long talk, a long prayer, and a feeling of Hope came to both of us.

6 comments:

Debbi said...

hugs.

Anonymous said...

you guys are an amazing couple! you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I wish we could see more of each other, not just hair dates lol, al though I love them. let me know if there is anything i can do for you

the Woods said...

love ya jess.

missLaura said...

Awe, Mark is perfect! So great that he was there when you needed him!

The Lawlor's said...

I hope you are doing better today.

I love you and hope you know how wonderful you are.

Mark is great.

I can't even thank you enough for you and Mark's example and your good hearts.

stone's eye view said...

love you.