Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sickness

–adjective
1.
afflicted with ill health or disease; ailing.
2.
affected with nausea; inclined to vomit.
3.
deeply affected with some unpleasant feeling, as of sorrow, disgust, or boredom: sick at heart; to be sick of parties.
4.
mentally, morally, or emotionally deranged, corrupt, or unsound: a sick mind; wild statements that made him seem sick.
5.
characteristic of a sick mind: sick fancies.
6.
dwelling on or obsessed with that which is gruesome, sadistic, ghoulish, or the like; morbid: a sick comedian; sick jokes.
7.
of, pertaining to, or for use during sickness: He applied for sick benefits.


I particularly enjoy #4. One question, if you were not of sound mind, would you know? or, would someone have to point it out for you? I don't believe that this is the sickness from which I am currently suffering (though, as previously discussed, would you even know?!), my situation seems to be closer to #1. Never fear, I am on the mend after a day of sleep in a chair (but my butt hurts a little). I hope that you enjoyed your Sunday.

No comments: