Sunday, February 1, 2009

I love Children, really...really I do

So, primary is fun. Especially when you have kids who all want things their way, all want to talk at the same time, have no interest in the lesson (despite hours of work trying to make it fun), and feel that the chairs are there to repeatedly jump off of, as well as a husband who has a cold and therefore has absolutely no patience.

We have been primary teachers for two and a half years now and we have been given the classes that they think need extra work. Awesome. I truly enjoy our new class, but there are days that I miss our last class. We had them trained. These guys are a new challenge. Their last teacher said today that he was sure that we would have our hands full because they hadn't tried to contain them at all. Great. I think that things will be just fine, but today I am tired.

I have often thought that I needed to learn patience, and maybe that is why we are still in primary. The worst part is that the child that is the least behaved is my nephew!

3 comments:

Jackie S. said...

I TOTALLY understand how you feel, and I think every primary teacher has felt this way at one point.

Somedays I feel like there are rays of light shining down on our room and the angels are singing "AHHHHH" and then there are days that I think I am trying to teach a bunch of chimpanzees...hehe...

I am sure you guys are FABULOUS teachers, and keep up the great work!!! Good Luck!!!

the Woods said...

just remember the blessings you'll receive. Besides, as awful as they behave, they are still pretty darn cute...lol

stone's eye view said...

i like that he says right out, we never tried to contain them. haha
oh- and sorry, and THANKS!!

just so you know, you are remembered in a little 4 year old's prayers