Monday, July 13, 2009

A Wild Weekend

Friday: Frantically trying to get laundry, cleaning, and packing done while doing clients and making phone calls. As well as lighting a fire under my husband so that he would help me get things ready.
Left one and a half hours later than planned. Took my aunt home on the way to Regina where this wild weekend takes place.
Got to Regina (Ian's place) around 6:30pm, picked up Christine at the hospital where she works and then we went to the grocery store. We picked up some stuff for supper and we went back to Ian's place and i made a lovely supper of pork, wild rice and mushroom pilaf, and broccoli with a cream sauce.
Saturday: Got up early! 4 adults to get ready (Christine likes an hour and a half to get ready), and out the door by 7am. We did the 8 am session at the Temple with Mark's sister Lisa who drove in that morning. The session was packed (woohoo!).
Christine and I then went and babysat Eli Butler so that his parents could do a session together, while Mark, Lisa , and Ian helped with the YSA Temple trip.
We all went for lunch at Applebee's and then we shopped! I found the Mecca of rubber duck stores and I should be given an award for restraining myself in that place. I only bought twelve. They had over 150 different ducks! We went to a few other great stores and I may have purchased some other items. It was a wonderful afternoon.
We were tired. Everybody slept, I knit. We had BBQ for supper and we played cards (Which I won!) and just chilled for the rest of the evening.

Sunday: Mark and I relaxed into the day, and drove home peaceful and happy after a great weekend with family and friends who might as well be family as they fit so nicely in our hearts. At the center of our weekend was the Temple, so how could we go wrong.

We can't wait to do it again!

8 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

I am glad it was a good weekend! Yah for temples!

Chantel said...

Sounds like loads of fun and super busy. I think I may know what store you bought those rubber duckies from!!!!

Sharon said...

Fun weekend! When are you planning a whirlwind trip out here? :)

Theresa said...

As stressfull as those weekends can be I LOVE THEM! They keep yah going!!

missLaura said...

I want one of those weekends!

stone's eye view said...

Sounds like a good time. What store has over a hundred and fifty ducks??

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend :)

Chantel said...

Bath Goddess is the store with all the ducks. There is one up on Clarence (by the Tim Hortons across from Wal-Mart).