Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Creatures of habit

Do you ever have one of those mornings where, because of one event, the rest of your day seems off somehow? This morning was one such morning. The alarm didn't go off. I'm not sure if Mark hit the switch without realizing it, or what. So consequently, we had half an hour to get ready this morning instead of an hour and a half. This was no problem for me because I showered and everything last night. My poor husband had a little trouble. He hates rushing and it is a big deal if I can get him to take a shower that is less than 20 minutes in length. We managed though and got out the door only minutes after we normally do, cereal bowl in hand. So why did I feel so uncomfortable and stressed and rushed? We knew that he would be on time and that I would have no trouble getting everything else ready on time this morning.

This is my theory: that once your mind processes the fact that you are late, then it takes a while for it to back up and go "Okay, we're good, everything is fine now." I think that my mind needs a reboot button.

1 comment:

The Lawlor's said...

Sweet! YOu have a blog! I need to start one. My sister has been bugging me to for a while. Have a good night at work!