Wednesday, October 24, 2007

If you can't beat them...

So, I realize that most people write blogs so they can tell family that is far away all about what their various children, spouses, etc are up to and I think that this is great. Unfortunately, I am without the children, so this will just have to be about Mark and I. I greatly admire the blogs that many women that I know have created, and I hope that my lack of parental ability will not be held against me.

So it is just Mark and myself. We got married on a hot day in June just over a year ago, but it seems like it was forever. I don't mean that in a negative way, but when you meet your soulmate, time really starts to lose its focus. So very many things have changed in that year. We went from both being students and the crazy world of academia with me working all the time, to Mark being the only student when I convocated in May. We went from trying to get pregnant, to succeeding, to back to square one when we lost our baby in August. I don't write this for pity. I write it because I have to.

Now, I no longer work in the salon and Mark goes to school. This is a very big change for us, and we are really enjoying it. Well, I am not sure how much Mark is enjoying school this semester, but he can handle it!

Life takes you in directions that you just don't expect, the trick is to roll with the punches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, welcome to the world of blogging. I am so happy that you are here! I am enjoying reading about your life especially because it is just about you and mark.
I am sorry about the miscarriage, I didn't know. Follow the advice of the primary song, try try again!
Good luck!

jessk said...

Don't worry about not knowing, very few people did.