Sunday, March 29, 2009

The End

I went to my last support group meeting this week. It was so hard to say goodbye to these women, and it has only been a couple of months! It was such a blessing to be involved with this group at this point of my life. I needed to be here at this time to help these women and to be helped by them. I needed to spend this time dwelling on my faith. I needed to think about the love that I have for my children who have come and gone and the love I will have for the ones who are yet to come (this is not an announcement by any means!). I have discovered hidden strengths within my self that maybe would have taken years to surface.

It gave me an opportunity to tell these women my testimony and to share my love for my Heavenly Father on a weekly basis. I love the way women can come together to lift each other up when we feel weak, scared, or overwhelmed. It makes me thankful for the innate qualities of women.

So I remain thankful and in awe of the strength of women.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like it was definitely worth it. I'm sure you were an amazing strength for the women there. Isn't being a woman fantastic! I love that we can share and cry and love with one another.

stone's eye view said...

Good for you for sharing your beliefs. I am glad you found the experience so rewarding.

Anonymous said...

Jess, I just found your blog! I am so excited about it! Now I can stay up to date with you. I was looking at your wedding pictures just the other day and thinking about you!