Friday, March 27, 2009

A Poetic Birthday Blog

I don't know why, but whenever I think about the great love that I have for my husband, I get a little poetic. I was thinking alot about him this week because of his 26th birthday (yes, I realize that he looks a great deal younger!). I took a poetry class in university (needed the English credit) and for some reason, I began reading the anthology again just the other day. That was when I discovered this:


A Red, Red Rose
By: Robert Burns
O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.-
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a'the seas gang dry.-
Till a'the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
O I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.-
And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Though it were ten thousand mile!-
Now granted, ol' Robbie was talking about some lovely lass, not my great strapping husband, but the thought is there. I can't believe that another year has passed and he is another year older. Happy birthday my love, here's to an eternity more!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

How lame are we! Happy Birthday Mark! Sorry we missed it. WE'll call tonight.