Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting

So, here I sit, still pregnant, getting fatter, waiting impatiently for my doctor to say that it is time to be induced. As I sit I catalogue all of the body parts that hurt, ache, or are swollen. Then I remind myself how lucky I am to a) be pregnant, b) not have to wait until 40 weeks to deliver, and c) be having such a great pregnancy that my doctor feels confident pushing the dates back. Sometimes it is hard to keep perspective.
We are down to the last week and a half and part of me is super excited and the other half is quietly going insane. I really want to have this child; I love it already and really want to meet it. On the other hand, I have no idea what I am going to do once it gets here. Add those feelings of inadequacy to my building anxiety (my last child was gone at this same week gestation), and you have the makings for a crazy person.
Thankfully, between my husband, prayer, work, and loving family members, we are keeping the crazy thoughts to a minimum, and focusing in on the happy, excited stuff.
On a lighter note, you should see me try to bend to pick things up. It is a riot! Add that to the waddling, and I am quite the sight most days.

4 comments:

Maja said...

oh Jess! I am so excited for you!!! I always think that pregnancy's are meant to end up being uncomfortable because then you are willing, excited even to go through LABOUR just to have your body back. Although I am sure no where even in the same game, we can't wait for you either!!!

Sharon said...

yay!!! we look forward to hearing new of our new niece or nephew. we are so glad that things are going well and continue to pray for you.

Vanessa said...

You are so good at keeping up with both sides! Best of everything surviving the last week and a half!!

stone's eye view said...

Sending love to you from Cumberland.