Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Messed Up Morning

So, at my doctor's appointment yesterday I was feeling a little stressed and consequently my blood pressure was a little elevated. My doctor said to me to keep checking it regularly and if it hadn't gone back to normal by this morning, then I should call him. Well, after a long, sleepless, contraction-filled night where my blood pressure remained high, I started to think that maybe I should do something. Mark agreed and we called my doctor's office, he immediately called back ad told us to go to the hospital and that we would probably have the induction today.

I am home. Obviously, we did not deliver today. After hours of tests, everything came back as fine. The blood pressure came back down as we waited to find out what was happening, and the baby was happy and healthy (and really didn't enjoy being monitored). I was super excited that everything was fine, but a little let down that we couldn't just stay and get things done.
I was (and continue to) contracting fairly regularly, so I guess we will wait and see.

8 comments:

Chantel said...

Hopefully the baby will come soon or the contractions slow down so you can get some rest. Good luck.

Jackie S. said...

Oh sweetie!!! Soon can't come soon enough hey?!? I have thought soo much about you lately (it was so nice seeing you last week)and can't imagine how anxious you are to FINALLY meet this little creature..hehe. You are in my(and I'm sure so many people's) prayers. XXXX (I think that's the sign for hugs..if not then I'm sending you lot's of kisses..hehe.)

Andy said...

I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about ya and praying for you and baby (and I guess Mark too!) I hope baby decides to come soon for ya and everything goes great!

Vanessa said...

Shoot!! Hopefully some more action (after you have tonight to recuperate from last night!) and a baby soon.

stone's eye view said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am looking forward to visiting you and baby in the hospital. Hopefully sooner than later.

ec said...

come out, baby!

it will ... it has to. it feels like just yesterday i was dying for jane to be born, and now she's 8.5 months old!

i'm excited to know what it is ....

thinking of you!

Becky said...

It sucks that you're uncomfortable, but wonderful that baby is happily biding time! I can't wait to see you, and the new addition, very soon! Get some rest!

the Woods said...

sorry jess. I know how much it sucks to wait it through everyday, but it will be here before you know it! Can't wait to meet that little baby.